There are quite a few Polar Express train rides in the Boston Area. Inspired by the book The Polar Express, most have turned into annual events for various charities. Here is some info on a few of them:
1. North Pole Express November 24th: Polar Express at Kingston Commuter Rail Station. The event includes a magical ride aboard “The Polar Express” train, treats, a special gift from Santa and Mrs Claus and more. Tickets are $20 each and the train will leave the station at noon, 2:30pm and 5pm. All proceeds benefit the Daniel Webster Elementary School Project Playground and PTO. For more information or to purchase tickets, please call 781-837-3555 or contact [email protected] or www.dwsnorthpoleexpress.com for further ticket information
2. South Shore's Polar Express Dec 8th [$20 per person - Plymouth, MA]: The Plymouth Housing Authority and the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority are hosting a holiday “Magical Journey to the North Pole” on Saturday, December 8th. They plan Four Trips throughout the day – boarding at the Kingston MBTA Commuter Rail Station. Once at the ‘North Pole’ Santa and his Elves will board the train and greet the children, collecting their Santa letters and listening to their special requests. To enhance the fantasy and in keeping with the magical story line, children and all the ‘young at heart’ are encouraged to wear their pajamas over their clothes. Trip Schedules are at 12:00 Noon, 2:30 PM, 5:00 PM and 6:45 PM. All Tickets $20.00 and can be purchased at the Independence Mall in Kingston on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10am – 9:30pm. Tickets must be purchased in advance and will not be on sale on the day of the event. For more information, please call 508-746-2105 EXT. 300.
3. The South Station Polar Express Extravaganza info is here [$100 per person - Providence or Boston - 4 hours & North Pole Visit @ Foxboro Stadium]
4. Newburyport Polar Express: More info at Boston Central here. [Dec 1, 2007, $25/person]
5. North Conway & Lincoln NH's Polar Express info is here [lottery system plus $37-57 per person]
Also in North Andover, Nov 24, 2007: Bradford T-Station,10 Railroad Ave Bradford,MA 01835 to benefit St Michael's School,N Andover 978-686-1862