Parent Guide to MySpace and FaceBook - Basic Principles...
Worried about what your kids are doing online, especially with social networking websites like MySpace and Facebook? Here are some guiding principles from a recent article published in PC Magazine online.
- Don't assume you know what they are doing, many have multiple profiles online, not just the one they show to you
- Don't assume they don't know about these websites no matter what their age is
- They are technologically smarter than you especially when it comes to posting images of themselves online
- They won't always tell you the truth about what they are doing online
- Move the computer to a central location in your home
- Install parental control software
- Create your own account on MySpace or Facebook and demonstrate correct behavior online
To read the whole article go to http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2321587,00.asp